Sunday, April 21, 2013

All-City Mr. Pink 500 mile Review!






I finally got 500 miles on my All-City, Mr. Pink! and here in Michiana in April, that ain't easy! First off this bike is a blast to ride, It is not a true race bike, meaning it's not twitchy at slow speeds. It is not a touring bike, meaning it is not sluggish in handling. Could you use either way? Sure! But the real purpose of this bike is to be ridden!

All-City went out on a limb creating the Mr. Pink, but hey what else would you expect from a Party Brand! The Frame is finished beautifully it makes you feel like it is a custom, but its not! The attention to detail is awesome and you can just tell the folks at All-City are paying homage to the classic Italian steel steeds from the past. I am not going to take time to brake down piece by piece the spec list as it is a solid no-nonsense build that flat out works, and is fairly priced. If you want to see the stock build wander over here...http://allcitycycles.com/bikes/mr_pink

I haven't' owned a Shimano equipped roadie since 2008 (Ultegra) This Gen of 105 is crisp and is very very precise. And the ride quality from the Columbus Zona Frame is amazing, I almost feel like it gets smoother with every 100 miles I put on her!

The only negative is the 28c Conti's although very smooth are sluggish at speeds higher than 20mph ( I am planning on switching to 23c but just wanted to try the stock combo first) Also the Stock wheels are are a super solid build and very durable (105 hubs and Mavic CXP 22 rims)but are fairly heavy, they are awesome for randonneuring, commuting and credit card touring and really are a great wheel,but I am planning on putting on a sub 1600g wheelset, just to liven things up a bit.

I am currently planning on attempting to Ride Mr. Pink in the Ride Across Indiana (or R.A.I.N. ride)
which is a one day, one way 160 mile ride across Indiana, and I am positive the Mr. Pink is definitely ready for the task!

4 comments:

  1. Really good to hear people are enjoying this frame. It looks like the one for me, too. Just out of curiosity, do you know what the total weight is like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike Stock was just under 21 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late to the party. But I am looking to pick up a Mr Pink frameset. I'm a little lost on what size to buy. Could you let me know what size you ride, and how tall you are? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late to the party. But I am looking to pick up a Mr Pink frameset. I'm a little lost on what size to buy. Could you let me know what size you ride, and how tall you are? thanks!

    ReplyDelete