Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mountain Bike Racing Season is finally Here!!!!

Its been a long Winter, and Spring hasn't really co-operated, but its time to go out and race!

I took my trusty Singular Gryphon to Bendix Woods in New Carlisle, IN. The race was part of the NIMBA Series  info here!  NIMBA Page

NIMBA stands for Northern Indiana Mountain Bike Association. It is a local Chapter of IMBA, Their focus is building and maintaining trails in Northern Indiana. Currently the maintain the following trails.

1) Rum Village -South Bend
2) Potato Creek-North Liberty
3) Bendix Woods- New Carlisle
4) TK Lawless- Vandalia MI ( I know MI is not Indiana, but it is just over the Border!)
5) and Coming this Summer Bonneyville Mill-Bristol

NIMBA operates a Race series to raise Funds to build and maintain these trails.

So this Sunday I got to participate in my first MTB race of 2014 at Bendix Woods.
BENDIX TRAIL MAP

The start of the day was cold, cloudy 40 degrees and the wind was blowing. The Trail was in awesome shape!  there was a decent turnout considering the weather, and it appears the long winter has made some folks still sluggish. I felt great, I ran my Single Speed Gryphon in the 40-49 sport class, I did well and snagged third! Even won a T-Shirt in the swag raffle and enjoyed some free hot dogs! Great Day, Great Race and Great Fun! The next NIMBA Race is at Potato Creek on June 1st, this is an awesome trail, has a great flow and is fast! This is a race you'll want to make if your anywhere within driving distance!



No comments:

Post a Comment